This blog is primarily my customer's quilts (and maybe mine if I can ever get to them!). For family and misc. posts go to: http://www.outsideofquilting.blogspot.com/



Friday, February 22, 2013

Colorful quilt

 A beautiful quilt by Devona.  She teaches sewing and quilting to kids, and wants to hang this one up to encourage them onward. I love the colors in it, so very pretty.

 The backing is black.  I have really mixed feelings about a high contrast backing where the stitching shows up so starkly as this one does.  Every little mistake shows so easily.  Because of all the white fabric and white stitching on the front, I had to use white in the bobbin, was not going to risk little black pokies showing through.  Since it was going to be such a riot of thread play on the back anyway, I went ahead and used the other colors from the front on the back as well....I think it turned out pretty cool.  But in a perfect world I'd just as soon not have the bobbin stitches show up like this.  .  
Devona just picked this up....another satisfied customer :)

1 comment:

  1. The quilt is really pretty, but I LOVE the back! Great job.

    ReplyDelete