This blog is primarily my customer's quilts (and maybe mine if I can ever get to them!). For family and misc. posts go to: http://www.outsideofquilting.blogspot.com/



Sunday, August 23, 2009

Close up of applique blocks

I FINALLY took pictures of my quilt that I ribboned with at our local show. Been meaning to for some time and just never managed to get it done until today. There are 22 pictures here - so if you go cross-eyed looking at them, imagine what I was like after quilting it all!! I'm really tickled with how these turned out, and I completely hope that a year from now I will look back on these and think "ewwww!" That's what I think about my projects from a year ago, so hopefully I'll continue to grow in my abilities and next summer be so much better than I am now. Some day I hope I can actually take a class on longarm quilting - I'll probably learn I'm doing everything wrong!!








































5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for showing the close-up pictures. The details are wonderful. It's really inspiring! I'd like to quilt like that in a few years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Please, only take a class if you think it can help you do the quilting more efficiently. I cannot imagine that a class would help your creativity. You seem to just *know* what works for the style of the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed by all those different blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miriam your quilting looks like you have been doing it for 20 plus years.
    Every time I look at the blog I am amazed at your talent. Wish I had it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look very detailed and like a lot if work. Good thing you love what you do.

    ReplyDelete